Sunday, March 04, 2012

14th-mid 15th century Dripping Dish

I'm always trying to find new things to make that are unique. This is a new form for me and it's hand building, which gets me to use different skills for a change.

Details on this item from the Museum of London over here.

dish; dripping dish
Accession number: 23053
Collection place: Hertfordshire
Production date: Late Medieval; mid 14th-mid 15th century
Material: ceramic; earthenware
Measurements: H 44 mm; L 301 mm; W 240 mm
Museum Section: Medieval
Summary: Reconstructed Late Medieval Hertfordshire Glazed ware dripping dish, with pinched pouring lip at complete end, straight strap handle in centre; almost complete.
Location: Object stored at Mortimer Wheeler House (Ceramics and Glass store)
Category: Medieval glazed ware.
Sub-category: Late Hertfordshire glazed ware.

I took a horrible picture of my final dish. If it doesn't sell, I will try to retake the dish again and do this shot over. I made a decision that there was only one pouring spout as the other side was broken, but it could have just as easily been on both sides.

Labels: , , , ,

 
 
 TOP 

©2002-8 Mercy Neumark. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced without express written permission of the author.
RakuRakuTei.com | P.O.Box 9957, Canoga Park, CA 91309 |
mercy@rakurakutei.com