Friday, March 06, 2009

German Sprigged pots

More fun with sprigged pots. I wasn't sure if I had any images up of these types of drinking vessels. I knew I had done these before in the past (very few) but since I just did a few more, I decided to shoot them for the blog. You can really tell the details on the sprig molding and the hand work I did.

These are roughly 16th century, found in the German Stoneware book I have. The brown glaze is more period than the green. The green you can really see the details way better (and personally, I like it with the drips and sand).




Labels: , , ,

 
 
 TOP 

©2002-8 Mercy Neumark. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced without express written permission of the author.
RakuRakuTei.com | P.O.Box 9957, Canoga Park, CA 91309 |
mercy@rakurakutei.com